Wed. Feb 26th, 2020

Active police search for missing Florida baby ends after two weeks

Two weeks after a Florida newborn disappeared, police say they are no longer actively searching for the child. Andrew Caballeiro has been missing since Jan. 28. Miami-Dade police said Andrew was a week old when his father, 49-year-old Ernesto Caballeiro, kidnapped him last month.Police said Ernesto Caballeiro took the child after he killed 40-year-old Arlety García Valdés, 60-year-old Isabel Valdés González and 84-year-old Lina González Licor.The day after taking the child, he was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound north of Tampa.Miami-Dade police said that there is no longer an active search, meaning K-9s, bloodhounds and helicopters are not being used to look for the boy. Police said that if they receive a lead they will go out and resume active search efforts.

MIAMI —

Two weeks after a Florida newborn disappeared, police say they are no longer actively searching for the child.

Andrew Caballeiro has been missing since Jan. 28.

Miami-Dade police said Andrew was a week old when his father, 49-year-old Ernesto Caballeiro, kidnapped him last month.

Police said Ernesto Caballeiro took the child after he killed 40-year-old Arlety García Valdés, 60-year-old Isabel Valdés González and 84-year-old Lina González Licor.

The day after taking the child, he was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound north of Tampa.

Miami-Dade police said that there is no longer an active search, meaning K-9s, bloodhounds and helicopters are not being used to look for the boy.

Police said that if they receive a lead they will go out and resume active search eff

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.