Tue. Feb 25th, 2020

Deputy saves Halloween for 6-year-old boy who lost everything in fire, including his Batman costume

A North Carolina family lost their home Monday after their RV caught fire, burning to a charred frame.The family left to take 6-year-old Damon to school when the blaze started, according to Chief Robert Griffin, of Edneyville Fire and Rescue, WLOS-TV reported.Damon, who’s looking forward to Halloween, said he hoped his Batman costume wasn’t in the RV.”His grandmother kind of looked over at me and told me that it was,” said Capt. Tim Griffin, of the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office.Griffin said that prompted him to drive to Walmart and buy one.Damon showed off his new costume to a TV reporter.”I got a utility belt, and a cape and a mask,” Damon said. “He’s my favorite superhero.””I just told him that sheriff’s deputies need all the Batmans that we can get out here, helping us fight crimes,” Griffin said.”You see a lot of bad, and you get a chance to maybe put a little bit of good into a bad situation,” he added. “It’s nice to be able to do that once in awhile.”A space heater likely started the fire.Watch the video above to learn more about this story.

EDNEYVILLE, N.C. (from WLOS via CNN) —

A North Carolina family lost their home Monday after their RV caught fire, burning to a charred frame.

The family left to take 6-year-old Damon to school when the blaze started, according to Chief Robert Griffin, of Edneyville Fire and Rescue, WLOS-TV reported.

Damon, who’s looking forward to Halloween, said he hoped his Batman costume wasn’t in the RV.

“His grandmother kind of looked over at me and told me that it was,” said Capt. Tim Griffin, of the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office.

Griffin said that prompted him to drive to Walmart and buy one.

Damon showed off his new costume to a TV reporter.

“I got a utility belt, and a cape and a mask,” Damon said. “He’s my favorite superhero.”

“I just told him that sheriff’s deputies need all the Batmans that we can get out here, helping us fight crimes,” Griffin said.

“You see a lot of bad, and you get a chance to maybe put a little bit of good into a bad situation,” he added. “It’s nice to be able to do that once in awhile.”

A space heater likely started the fire.

Watch the video above to learn more about this story.

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.