Tue. Jul 16th, 2019

Teen says she found blood in her Panera salad

A teen was eating her salad at a Panera Bread in Wisconsin when she noticed it was covered in blood. "My sister told me, 'Oh my God, I think that's blood,'" said Sarah Wehse, of Muskego, who ordered the Fuji apple salad with chicken. "I turned the bowl around and there's already blood pooling on…
teen-says-she-found-blood-in-her-panera-salad

A teen was eating her salad at a Panera Bread in Wisconsin when she noticed it was covered in blood. “My sister told me, ‘Oh my God, I think that’s blood,'” said Sarah Wehse, of Muskego, who ordered the Fuji apple salad with chicken. “I turned the bowl around and there’s already blood pooling on the plate, it’s on the side of the bowl. I don’t know how the server didn’t see it when she was giving it to us.”It happened at a location in Waukesha near Sunset Drive on May 24.Wehse and her sister said when they tried telling the server about the blood, the Panera employee insisted it was dressing. “Dressing doesn’t look like that. I’ve never had a salad from Panera that has bright red dressing like that,” said Rachel Wehse, Sarah’s sister. When they sent the salad back, a new salad was delivered, but it had blood in it, too. “I took it up , I had the lettuce in my hand and was like, ‘It’s on here again, this has to be blood, it cannot be dressing, how does that happen twice?'” Rachel said. “Again, they tried convincing me it was dressing, not to worry about it, but then the manager came up and gave us a refund.”She said the manager eventually admitted one of the employees had accidentally cut themselves through their glove and bled on the food unknowingly. “I don’t understand how someone can cut their finger and not notice that they’re bleeding if they’re working with their hands,” said Rachel. “I was traumatized, I was crying and I tried to hold myself together,” said Sarah. “I’ve never had something like that happen to me before, and I was scared I was exposed to something.”Wehse’s mother had Panera test their employee’s blood for hepatitis and HIV, in case Sarah ingested it. Both tests came back negative. The Waukesha County Public Health Department told WISN-TV they investigated the incident and that this is the first issue they’ve had with that Panera. WISN-TV went to the Waukesha Panera and spoke to the manager. She did not give any comment. A spokesperson for the company sent the following statement:”We are aware of the situation and are actively working with the café and the guests to address it.”Wehse and her family were issued a full refund and given several coupons to come back to Panera, but she said she likely will not go back. This report originated from WISN-TV.

WAUKESHA, Wis. —

A teen was eating her salad at a Panera Bread in Wisconsin when she noticed it was covered in blood.

“My sister told me, ‘Oh my God, I think that’s blood,'” said Sarah Wehse, of Muskego, who ordered the Fuji apple salad with chicken. “I turned the bowl around and there’s already blood pooling on the plate, it’s on the side of the bowl. I don’t know how the server didn’t see it when she was giving it to us.”

It happened at a location in Waukesha near Sunset Drive on May 24.

Wehse and her sister said when they tried telling the server about the blood, the Panera employee insisted it was dressing.

“Dressing doesn’t look like that. I’ve never had a salad from Panera that has bright red dressing like that,” said Rachel Wehse, Sarah’s sister.

When they sent the salad back, a new salad was delivered, but it had blood in it, too.

“I took it up [to the counter], I had the lettuce in my hand and was like, ‘It’s on here again, this has to be blood, it cannot be dressing, how does that happen twice?'” Rachel said. “Again, they tried convincing me it was dressing, not to worry about it, but then the manager came up and gave us a refund.”

She said the manager eventually admitted one of the employees had accidentally cut themselves through their glove and bled on the food unknowingly.

“I don’t understand how someone can cut their finger and not notice that they’re bleeding if they’re working with their hands,” said Rachel.

“I was traumatized, I was crying and I tried to hold myself together,” said Sarah. “I’ve never had something like that happen to me before, and I was scared I was exposed to something.”

Wehse’s mother had Panera test their employee’s blood for hepatitis and HIV, in case Sarah ingested it. Both tests came back negative.

The Waukesha County Public Health Department told WISN-TV they investigated the incident and that this is the first issue they’ve had with that Panera.

WISN-TV went to the Waukesha Panera and spoke to the manager. She did not give any comment. A spokesperson for the company sent the following statement:

“We are aware of the situation and are actively working with the café and the guests to address it



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.